[vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_custom_heading text=”How to Access Basic Needs
” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]The Burlington Covenant for Basic Needs was established to meet the temporary, emergency needs of individuals and families who are in crisis-loss of housing, fire victims, lack of fuel or medical needs, etc. Requests for Basic Needs Assistance are screened by counselors at the Burlington Youth & Family Services (BYFS). The funds are intended as a one-time gift or short term assistance for people while a more permanent solution to a problem is being sought.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Covenant for Basic Needs Director
Christine Shruhan
Human Services building at 61 Center St
cshruhan@peoplehelpingpeopleinc.org[/vc_column_text][vc_separator color=”white”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_single_image image=”1115″ img_size=”large”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][vc_custom_heading text=”
You can apply for support by choosing one of the following options:

” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_cta h2=”schedule an appointment ” shape=”square” style=”outline” color=”peacoc”]Click to Schedule an appointment[/vc_cta][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_cta h2=”Reach out to us” shape=”square” style=”outline” color=”green”]or email: BYFS@burlington.org or Call 781-270-1961[/vc_cta][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_custom_heading text=”The following is a list of the information and documentation you will need to provide at the time of your appointment.
” font_container=”tag:h5|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]1. Your name, address, phone number, and family size

2. Photo ID and proof of residency in Burlington, MA, such as a utility bill mailed to home address

3. A clear statement of current need and the circumstances that led to your decision to ask for assistance at this time

4. A listing of your household’s current sources of income and amounts with supporting documentation, such as work pay stub, Department of Transitional Assistance letter, child support payments, and/or Social Security documents showing the amount you receive.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]